Job Category: Production
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the day laborer actively participates in production line cleaning and operator staff replacement.
- Continuously and thoroughly clean the production line;
- Clean off dust, pulp, and bark;
- Feed the shredder with rejected OSB panels;
- Clean equipment;
- Manually wrap and staple OSB bundles;
- Unstack and re-stack bundles of panels containing defective sheets;
- Replace operators or assistants at different workstations at the supervisor’s request;
- Perform health and safety inspections;
- Complete other related tasks.
- A secondary V diploma or equivalent;
- Relevant work experience;
- Good physical condition;
- Resourcefulness, autonomy, organizational skills and a sense of responsibility;
- Strong work ethic and ability to learn new skills;
- Positive attitude and ability to work on a team;
- Willingness to work 12-hour shifts rotating day/night on a 5-5-4 work schedule;
- Health and safety as a core value.