Job Category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Health & Safety Coordinator
The health and safety coordinator plans, coordinates and implements all actions necessary to achieve the company’s health and safety objectives. More specifically, he/she plays a leading role in the development and implementation of activities related to occupational health and safety prevention and the management of good industrial hygiene practices.
- Act as a leader in health and safety;
- Support the management team and employees in prevention activities;
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a proactive health and safety culture;
- Develop and implement the prevention program;
- Coordinate the implementation, follow-up and evaluation of the health and safety action plan;
- Drafting of health and safety regulations, policies and procedures;
- Conduct risk analysis;
- Coordinate and complete inspections, compliance audits and risk analyses in accordance with established standards, regulations and legislation;
- Coordinate the emergency response plan (training, information, etc.), as well as insurance requirements;
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Provide or coordinate health and safety training activities.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a Health and Safety certificate with relevant experience;
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position;
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (asset);
- Good knowledge of laws and regulations governing health and safety in the workplace;
- Autonomy, excellent judgment, leadership, analytical skills, ability to manage priorities effectively, team spirit, creativity;
- Possess a positive attitude;
- Ability to work in an open and collaborative team environment.