Job Category: Maintenance
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to the mechanical maintenance supervisor, you will perform tasks related to the installation, maintenance and repair of various machines used in the plant.
- Repair and install equipment and tools;
- Detect and report defects;
- Dismantle and reassemble defective parts;
- Move equipment and material using lifting devices when necessary;
- Clean and lubricate equipment and tools;
- Check and maintain oil levels;
- Carry out the tasks indicated on the work plan according to the instructions;
- Keep work area clean;
- At the request of the supervisor, perform any other task required for the proper functioning of the operations and for which he/she meets the normal requirements of the task.
(Knowledge, skills, training, experience, etc.)
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in industrial mechanics or other related field, or any other combination deemed relevant;
- College diploma in industrial mechanics or vocational diploma in industrial maintenance (equivalent experience could also do the trick);
- Minimum of two years’ experience in industrial equipment maintenance;
- Certified trade certificate/ticket Red Seal would be an asset;
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Work consistently to improve maintenance practices;
- Demonstrate a good team spirit and a positive attitude;
- Be resourceful, conscientious and reliable;
- Possess good judgment and work initiative to make necessary decisions;
- Have health and safety as a primary value.